CSA International collects the domain name of visitors to our Web page, aggregate information on what pages visitors access or visit and information volunteered by visitors such as survey information and/or site registrations. This information is used to improve our web-site by responding to customer interests and needs.
Customers requesting information, products, and services from the CSA International web-site may be asked to provide personal data. You can always visit and browse the CSA International on-line store without registering or providing any personal information. You will need to register with us if you would like to make a purchase. In the event that your contact information changes, please contact CSA International at the phone number or e-mail address below with updated contact information to ensure that you receive any amendments or errata which may be issued to CSA International documents which you purchase on this site.
Under no circumstances does CSA-International sell, rent, or release personal information to a third party unless required to by law.
CSA International may use your personal account information and transaction history to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use as well as to extend further sales and service offerings via telephone or mail or other electronic means.
CSA International uses this information to process your order and to contact you if necessary to respond to your request. We may use it to send you additional information about the products and services that we offer. You will be provided with a means to review and modify personal information that you have provided to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date, either directly online or by contacting our web site administrator.
The CSA International web-site includes an On-line Workspace which is a meeting room for standards development activities. Access is restricted to members of CSA International Technical Committees. Technical Committee membership rosters posted on the on-line standards development meeting room do not disclose personal data beyond name, title and organization, except with the agreement of the individual committee members. Persons posting messages to the CSA International On-line Workspace do so voluntarily and are advised that their message and e-mail address may be accessible to other Technical Committee members.
Members who have questions relative to the disclosure of their personal information on the CSA International standards development On-line Workspace should contact the Project Manager for the relevant Technical Committee.
By using our web-site, you consent to the collection and use of personal information by CSA International. If we change our privacy or security policies in the future those changes will be posted here so you can always know what information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it. We would be happy to explain our privacy and security policies to you.
The CSA-International Online Store uses technology that ensures your personal and payment information is kept confidential and secure. When you provide us with any personal information - your name, address, e-mail and credit card number - it's done on a secure server. One of today's most advanced security systems - Secure Socket Layers (SSL) - encrypts all information you provide before sending it to our own server. Only when it reaches the CSA-International Online Store servers is your information decrypted.
Questions? Call us at 1-800-463-6727 or 416-747-4044 or e-mail email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADE-MARK RIGHTS RESERVED
© Copyright 2001 CSA International, all rights reserved. The CSA trade-mark and registered trade-mark names used on the CSA International web-site are trade-marks and registered trademarks of Canadian Standards Association, which operates as CSA International. All other trade-marks, brand and product names used on the CSA International web-site are the property of their respective owners.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The information included on this web site is provided for convenience and informational purposes. Some portions of the CSA International web-site also offer goods and services. While we have attempted to provide accurate and timely information, we do apologize for any inadvertent technical or factual inaccuracies and typographical errors and reserve the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice.
The information on this web-site is provided AS IS, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property rights. CSA International hereby disclaims and negates any and all warranties, whether express or implied, relating to such information and data, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose except to the extent such liability may not be excluded at law. Any reproduction or dissemination of the information contained herein for purposes other than review is expressly prohibited except as permitted by a license agreement entered into between you and CSA International.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that CSA International, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, licensors, direcctors, officers and employees shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (except to the extent such liability may not be excluded at law), including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses resulting from i) the use or the inability to use the CSA International web-site or the information, goods or services available on or from the CSA International web-site; ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the CSA International web-site; iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the CSA International web-site; or v) any other matter relating to the CSA International web-site. In no event shall CSA's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort including but not limited to negligence or otherwise), exceed the amount paid by you for purchasing CSA International products from this site.
CSA International provides selected hyper-links from its web-site to other Internet web-sites for the convenience of users. CSA International makes no claims nor endorsements for the contents or practices of any other site. CSA International is not responsible for the content, accuracy, opinions, or other links provided by such sites and disclaims any warranty or liability for damages associated to use of such links.
END USER LICENSE FOR DOWNLOADING OF CSA DOCUMENTS IN PDF FORMAT
Please read before downloading! By downloading document(s), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
CSA International hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to download documents obtained from the CSA International On-line Store in the electronic format provided for your individual use on one computer. You may install one copy of the document on, and permit access to it by, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by you. In the event that computer becomes dysfunctional, such that you are unable to access the document, you may transfer the document to another computer, provided that the document is removed from the computer from which it is transferred and the use of the document on the replacement computer otherwise complies with the terms of this Agreement. Concurrent use on two or more computers is prohibited by this license. If files are stored on your personal computer on a network, the files should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network. You may copy the electronic document file only for backup purposes. Alternative licensing, e.g. for libraries and corporations, can be arranged by contacting CSA.
Documents obtained from the CSA International On-line Store and web-site are copyrighted. No part of the printed publication, nor any part of electronic files, in part or in whole, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, including transmittal by e-mail, by file transfer protocol (FTP), or by being made part of a network-accessible system, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. Neither concurrent use on two or more computers nor use in a local area network or other network is permitted. You shall not merge, adapt, translate, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer any of the document, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on any of the document. Allowable exemptions to copyright are specified under the Canadian Copyright Act. Any violation of this Agreement is cause for revocation of this License.
GENERAL: Documents purchased from this system cannot be returned for refund or credit, unless otherwise provided for by law. If you are unsure of the content of a document, please contact us and ask questions! We are happy to help you verify that you are downloading the document(s) you need. CSA International reserves the right to terminate this Agreement immediately upon discovery of violation of any of its terms.
UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION DISCLAIMED
Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded and does not apply to any transactions for the sale of goods between CSA International and parties in other countries.
BY DOWNLOADING THE DOCUMENT(S), YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. If you have questions at any time regarding the use of electronic files, please contact CSA for guidance and clarification. Once an order is submitted for documents in electronic format, there are no refunds or exchanges.
Questions? Call us at 1-800-463-6727 or 1-416-747-4044, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSA INTERNATIONAL ON-LINE WORKSPACE TERMS OF SERVICE
The CSA International web-site includes an On-Line Workspace which is a meeting room for standards development activities. Access is restricted to members of CSA International Technical Committees ("Members"). By accessing the On-Line Workspace, members agree to the following Terms of Service with respect to the On-Line Workspace:
- Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their On-Line Workspace password and account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their password or account. Members agree to:
- immediately notify CSA International of any unauthorized use of the Member's password or account or any other breach of security, and
- ensure that they exit from their account at the end of each session. CSA International cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a Member's failure to comply with this provision.
- The On-Line Workspace is to be used only for purposes related to the development of standards. CSA International is not responsible for any use of the On-Line Workspace for other purposes. Any opinions expressed on the On-Line Workspace are the opinions of the Member who posted the information on the On-Line Workspace and not the opinions of CSA International. All information, data, text, software, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted using the CSA International On-Line Workspace are the sole responsibility of the Member from which the Content originated. The Member, and not CSA International, is entirely responsible for all Content that Member uploads, posts, emails or otherwise transmits via the On-Line Workspace. CSA International does not control the Content posted via the On-Line Workspace and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will CSA International be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the On-Line Workspace.
- Members accessing the CSA International On-Line Workspace agree that they will not use the On-Line Workspace to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the On-Line Service;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that the member does not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the On-Line Workspace are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other Members' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the On-Line Workspace or servers or networks connected to the On-Line Workspace, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the On-Line Workspace;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local,provincial, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
- Members acknowledge that CSA International does not pre-screen Content, but that CSA International and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move or delete any Content that is available via the On-Line Workspace. Without limiting the foregoing, CSA International and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the terms of these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable. Members agree that they must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
- Members acknowledge and agree that CSA International may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CSA International, its users and the public.
- Recognizing the global nature of the Internet and the fact that Members may be resident in many countries, Members agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, Members agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Canada, the United States or the country in which the member resides.
- With respect to Content members elect to post for inclusion on the On-Line Workspace, Member grants to CSA International a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works related to standards, standards development or other documentation supporting the development of standards or the advertising, marketing or publicizing of any of the foregoing, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- Member agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the On-Line Workspace, use of the On-Line Workspace, or access to the On-Line Workspace.
- CSA International reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the On-Line Workspace (or any part thereof) with or without notice. CSA International shall not be liable to Member or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Member agrees that CSA International in its sole discretion, may terminate Member's password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the On-Line Workspace, and remove and discard any Content within the On-Line Workspace, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if CSA International believes that Member has violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service.
[ BACK TO TOP ]